Thursday, August 27, 2009

Ripples

I'm too lazy to write anything today, so I'm just going to share this poem that I wrote two years ago. Enjoy! ^_^

I will rip the earth from the sky and discover the truth
that has hidden itself in the hills and valleys
of the way the earth moves when I see you.
I feel
...a
shattering, a
staggering, a
crippling,
unexplained, unanswered wavering of the footprints
left in the sand despoiled by the waves of the oppressors.
The ephemeral comfort we cast about for and thought to find
in arms unbending, yours and mine,
is but a lie.
A lie.
A lie.
Did we cast the dice too soon? Did we leave the shores unbidden?
I long to find an answer just, that lays a cooling balm
on the hearts of the afflicted few, who know the joys and sorrows true
of one whose love is lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment