Friday, October 2, 2009

My Friend

I never thought it was hard just to be a friend. It's pretty straightforward, right? I mean, sure there are moments when even the truest of friends falter, but what is life for other than to test our mettle? I like being a friend. I like making friends. Above all though, I love my friends. On days when I would float away and forget this plane, my friends remind me of reality and anchor me. Life is no simple thing though. In fact, I'd dare say that it is one of the most complicated things in existance. I love my friends as friends and sometimes as sisters/brothers. Why can't they just love me as a friend?I want nothing more.

I'm sorry my dear friend, but my heart is no longer mine. I've given the key to someone else to care for. I'm sorry because I know that this will make you hurt. I hurt because you hurt. We are friends, and that is all we ever will be. I'm sorry if I led you to believe otherwise. Oh my Friend, my dear Friend, I value our friendship. Please continue to be my friend. I am sorry if I ask too much, but it is all I can do. I told you from the very beginning that I you had to be wary of me. I have never been the kindest friend. I do try, but I am not perfect.

I propose a toast! To Friendship! The one true thing that keeps this world spinning on its axis, and tossing us on our heads! *gulp*

1 comment:

  1. you remind me of Katara from avatar with your long drawn out speeches of friendship and hope lol

    ReplyDelete